Prickly Pear and Celery Granita, Dos Caminos




“The Dos Caminos Pastry Chef has prepared some interesting feature flavors for National Ice Cream month. One of the sorbets is a Celery and Prickly Pear- it is delicious and really refreshing.”

This was in a missive from Chef Meghan at Dos Caminos Soho about about first Worry-Free Dinners event last night. She wanted to know if our WFD party would like to try this featured dessert.

I’ve never tried prickly pear. I knew it was a cactus and I have no agave, tequila issues; I haven’t heard of many FA peeps having cactus allergies (I’m certain you’re out there I just haven’t met you yet).

The ingredients of the sorbet couldn’t be simpler:

Prickly Pear puree

Celery

Cinnamon

Lime Juice

Simple Syrup (sugar and water reduce)

So I said yes and with our dessert empanadas came out this gorgeous bowl of bright pink sorbet scoops. The above is picture of me, my mouth and nose actually, as I go in for my third helpings on this truly delish and refreshing dessert. And it’s something I’ve never had before. Love that!

Comments

Popular Posts